Are you aware that there are foods that can enhance your oral health? Did you know some minerals in foods can reinforce your tooth enamel and help prevent tooth decay and cavities? Even your mouth has natural defenses that can diminish your risk for a variety of oral health ailments to ensure your teeth continue to function properly for the rest of your life.
For more information about what to eat, consider the following:
– Saliva neutralizes acids, so go for snacks that can produce excess saliva, such as chewing sugarless gum after meals. Various foods with high water content, including crunchy foods like apples and pears, are also good at washing away bacteria or neutralizing acids.
– Avoid sugary sweets and foods laden in carbohydrates for choices that are less likely to contribute to the formation of harmful acids.
– Snacking between meals can be risky to your oral health, as it increases the time your teeth are subjected to harmful foods and bacteria.
– Add an extra oral health habit after eating foods, such as using mouthwash or chewing sugarless gum.
– Try eating snacks such as chicken, cheese, and nuts, and drinking milk, as these all contain considerable amounts of tooth enamel restoring substances such as calcium and phosphorous.
If you would like a tooth and gum treatment from Aesthetic Dentistry Associates at our dentist office in Humble, Texas, please contact us at 281-446-4700. Dr. David Umansky and the rest of our team will ensure you get the pearly white smile you desire. Our wonderful staff is here to help you get the smile you want.