Teeth often become damaged over time for a variety of reasons, such as biting into hard foods, accidents while playing sports, or bad oral habits like chewing on pens or fingernails. Fortunately, you do not need to live with your damaged teeth. Our dentists offer dental bonding as a solution to your chipped or cracked teeth. Dental bonding is the process of adding a composite resin to the cracked, chipped, or worn areas of the teeth to give you more natural appearance and feel.
How Dental Bonding Works
Dental bonding is a simple, conservative cosmetic treatment. During your bonding treatment, our dentists will:
1. Clean the area to be treated
2. Remove a small layer of tooth enamel
3. Apply a bonding liquid and allow it to set
4. Place a composite resin on the area, and shape and sculpt it to fit your tooth
5. Harden and trim the bonding material for optimal results
6. Polish your tooth for a natural appearance
Please be aware that teeth that have dental bonding are more vulnerable to stains than your natural teeth, and that the resin material used in your treatment will wear over time. You may require additional cosmetic or restorative treatments in the future.
Dental bonding can typically be completed in a single appointment. We invite you to call Aesthetic Dentistry Associates at 281-446-4700 to schedule an appointment with Drs. Umansky, Zafer, Farmer, and Nikmard and learn how you can benefit from dental bonding in Humble, Texas.